Multiple HomeFront Weeklies? Multiple Opportunities!
It’s not unusual for families to have children whose ages range from preschool through elementary. As a result, these families receive a TruWonder and TruStory HomeFront Weekly each week.
How can you make time to use both HomeFront weeklies? Below are some suggestions:
- If your preschooler stays at home during the day, while the elementary kids go to school, go through the HomeFront with your little one in the morning.
- If your preschooler goes to bed earlier than the elementary kids, go through the HomeFront with the older kids in the evening.
- Set aside one evening per week (start with 10 to 15 minutes) as HomeFront time with the preschooler, and then set aside another evening for elementary-aged kids.
- If you have older, more mature elementary kids, let them lead HomeFront time for their younger siblings (with parental supervision).
- Use the HomeFront in the car with preschoolers, while waiting in the elementary carpool line.
- Moms, use the HomeFront with preschooler during the day, and Dads use the HomeFront with the elementary kids at night (or vice versa).
God’s plan is for parents to be the primary spiritual nurturers of their children’s faith. The HomeFront is designed to encourage and equip parents to do this by pre-teaching the upcoming lesson. Get creative, as you make this work for you family, however it may look!
By Patti Fenton, Family Life Pastor at The Beacon, Orange, California, and Tru Coach/Ministry Partner Developer