Pastor Prayer Team
The leadership team of Men's Ministry has been burdened with the desire to see our pastors fully engaged in preaching/teaching and in equipping the people of God for works of service. Every pastor needs to know that the men of his church have his back and are committed to him as the primary spiritual leader of the church. We are recruiting a team of men to commit to praying for their pastor one day a month. When men are engaged in prayer for their pastor, he is covered in prayer and daily encouraged. Would you join the men who are going all-in as a follower of Christ and take a day?
To get signed up, please select a month and then sign up for your preferred day:
Pick a day and sign up on that day for each of the 12 months.
Ways to Pray
- Pray for his personal time with God. This is not sermon prep or getting ready for Bible study. This is the time when he prays and meditates on God’s Word and connects to God.
- Pray for his family. Start with his marriage. Pray for a growing oneness for he and his wife and that he would "love her like Christ loves His Church."
- Pray for his personal ministry. This would again be his family, but would also include the people he is directly responsible to mentor and disciple.
- Pray for his finances. Ask God to meet all his needs and more.
- Pray for friendships. Although pastors have a lot of people contact, they often do not have close and trusted friends.
With #5 in mind, be sure to follow through and reach out to your pastor today. Choose your method:
Stop by the church for a 5-minute visit. Maybe bring him a cup of coffee or something like that.
Call him on the phone. It will take two minutes. Tell him that you love and appreciate him. Let him know that you have his back. Let him know he is doing a great job.
Leave a voice mail if he does not or cannot pick up. Let him hear your voice!
Send him a text message. Share that you prayed for him today and you love and appreciate him. Encourage him to keep up the good work.
Send him an email message—maybe with content like that of above.
May the Lord bless you and your church team as you pray for and affirm your pastor.