May 17, 2015Deuteronomy 31:1-8 A Message of Hope
1. What is the difference between hope that is wishful thinking and Biblical hope?
2. It was noted in the message that hope is hindered by fear. What are your fears for the future How does hope play an important role in dealing with those fears?
3. Where are you drawing hope from? (education, people, government, resources)
4. As Christians, if we have strong and courageous hope, how can it affect our lives? Refer to Romans 5:1-5
5. Deuteronomy 31:2 has Moses telling the people that he will not cross the Jordan with them into the promised land. At some point each of us will face the reality that we will not go on 'conquer' the next great hurdle in life, it will be the responsibility of another generation. This highlights the importance of investing in the next generation (no matter our season of life). How are you investing in younger generations? What can you do to train up a younger leader?
6.As the students told their stories of hope, what was encouraging to you? Have you written down your stories of hope and God's faithfulness? How might your stories of hope be beneficial to you and others?