New Journey Group Leader Orientation
Wanted to be sure we posted details about our next Journey Group Leader Orientation coming up Monday, June 14th and Monday, June 21st in the Student Center. This orientation is for any new leader who'll be starting their Journey Group this summer or next fall. Any leader who has not been through any form of Journey Group Leader training in the past as well as our coaches are encouraged to come as well! Here's a glance at the topics and the schedule. Also, please make sure that you have filled out an application for Journey Group Leadership and submit it to Dave Irwin before coming to the first session.
Session One - Mon, June 14th, 7:00pm
- Dessert, coffee and mingle
- Welcome from Dave Irwin
- Journey Group vision and development plan
- Images of Leadership (The Leader as Shepherd) - Tim Perry
Session Two - Mon, June 21st, 7:00pm
- Leadership networks and Coaching - why leading in community is essential
- Tools and Tips for a great Journey Group start
- The Life Cycle of a Journey Group
- Images of Leadership (The Leader as Sower)
- Ongoing leadership development plan
- Team Communication
- Dessert and a break in there somewhere this week too!
Week one of the orientation will be the best jumping on point for new leaders till we get kick off in the fall and have Group Link. The week in between the two sessions will be our opportunity to finalize the application with anyone who is still in the approval process.
You'll need to bring a pen and a notebook with you each week.