The Top Ten Symptoms
The Top Ten Symptoms of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality
1. Using God to run from God
2. Ignoring the emotions of anger, sadness, and fear
3. Dying to the wrong things
4. Denying the past's impact on the present
5. Dividing our lives into secular and sacred compartments
6. Doing for God instead of being with God
7. Spiritualizing away conflict
8. Covering over brokenness, weakness and failure
9. Living without limits
10. Judging other people's spiritual journey
According to Peter Scazerro, our speaker this coming to CCC March 15 and 16 at 7 p.m., these are they symptoms that your spirituality is UNhealthy. Do any of these resonate with you? Or, perhaps does the list itself confuse you? Or, do you know people whom you could serve to become more spiritually and emotionally healthy? Or, if you are really feeling risky, why not share the list with your best friend or spouse and see if THEY see any of these traits in you!
Our dream is that we are all on a journey from immaturity to maturity, from emotional unhealth to emotional health, always toward Christlikeness! Because our our desire to mature, all of the leaders and servants of CCC, along with about 100 pastors from around the area and special guests from local churches will be gathering to worship, listen, grow and be challenged toward full maturity in Christ.
I am looking forward to seeing you there!